The Victor Rural Fire District was established on Sept. 28th, 1950. The District encompasses 100 square miles in the center of the Bitterroot Valley. The District borders U.S. Forest Service ground for 10 miles on the west side of the fire district. The eastern boundary is the Forest Service ground in Sapphire Mountains. Our southern boundary is Sheafman Creek Road 6 miles from Victor, the northern boundary is Indian Prairie Loop 4 miles from the town of Victor. The District has both the Bitterroot River and Highway 93 running the entire length. The District has some 3,000 residents and over 170 businesses.
The Victor Rural Fire Department provides Volunteer firefighters and EMS personnel for the District. The Department maintains two fire stations, the Main Hall in Victor, and a substation located at the junction of Bear Creek Road and Red Crow Road. The department has 14 pieces of apparatus split between the two halls. The members are required to maintain at least 40 hours of training per year.